Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Mermaids Mermaids Mermaids



So I'm thinking of getting a nice little mermaid tattoo. I'm still saving the top portion of my left arm for my big geisha tattoo - but that will require mucho dinero. So for now, I think I will save up for a smaller one, maybe on my back somewhere. Denny sent me this idea below, and I've uploaded some of the other pictures I've come across in my ramblings. I can't decide what I want to go for. This one is pretty cool. It would be nice on an arm or my shoulder blade...




But I really really like pin - ups.





and old school....



and since my other tattoos are classical asian stuff, this might be a good one to keep with the theme - very colorful and very fun






And I think this one is just pure awesome.




This one wasn't a mermaid, but I would like to get it, too. I want it in all the same colors, including the white border - showing that it's a tarot card. I like the idea of having a tarot card on my back....
or neck...
or shoulder...

Well - I guess I'll have to think about it for a while.






10 comments:

Blackpetunia said...

drats! It deleted my first comment. I like the last two a lot, and the first one really a lot. AND the last one has my nickname "himma" on it...my last comment also asked: Is this why you moved into the casabonitabasementhole? To finance your tattoos?

locomocos said...

i've added a couple new ones, but i assume you meant the asian one and the hindu one?

jason said...

I like the first one the best.

Denny said...

I like them all especially the japanese design and the hindu design. The thing I like about the one I sent you is that its design is so vague and you can have an artist with a good imagination make it as detailed as you like or leave it plain as i think its over all design holds up without much tweaking if you like the simple look.

locomocos said...

okay - what if i did the top one, but with a koi bottom and black hair, like the asian one....

maybe green seaweed or something?

JLee said...

I also like the first one..there is something about it. Don't do the death card! back karma ;)

Denny said...

my suggestion would be to make a few copies of it and have whatever artist you choose ad a few ideas to each copy then make you decision. You might have the right idea with having a koi bottom on that one.

vijay said...

The First one from top looks gorgeous
its simple and catchy

Unknown said...

You should definitely choose the 1st one! It's the best! though I guess it will be more difficult for the one who will make it? It's more complicated than the others... I would show you some of my illustrations of memrmaids, but they are not so good... You should definitely choose the 1st ;)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0yw3a5n00FI, www.allanbard.blogspot.com

Ricardo Goldammer said...

I was looking for a mermaid to tattoo on myself tonite and foundout the pictures you´ve posted. I´m getting the old school one but the asian one is really cool too.